Please note, Jeffrey D. Pearlman is now a member of Lubka & White LLP. You may contact him by going to their site or calling 626-301-0700.
I am the founder and principal attorney at the Law Offices of Jeffrey D. Pearlman in Los Angeles, California. I opened my practice in 1999 after serving for more than a decade as an attorney with the preeminent Los Angeles construction and real estate law firm Maguire & Orbach and its predecessors.
As an experienced business litigator, I have handled disputes on hundreds of construction projects, some in excess of $100 million. I have a winning record of resolving disputes or taking them through trial or arbitration, for owners, developers, contractors, subcontractors, architects, engineers, environmental consultants, sureties, insurance carriers and public entities.
I have handled numerous appeals, one of which – a partnership dispute involving a general contractor – was reported in the California Courts of Appeal (Mayer v. C.W. Driver (2002) 98 Cal.App.4th 48).
- Legal Advisory Committee, Associated General Contractors of California
- California Copyright Conference
- Association of Independent Music Publishers
I personally handle or oversee nearly every detail of every case, bringing over two decades of experience in business litigation in California. My goal in each representation is to achieve my client’s desired results through the highest standards of professionalism. Value, integrity and an emphasis on long-term client relationships are the hallmarks of my practice. I combine a disciplined and aggressive approach with creative strategy and a sincere concern for the unique needs of each client.
- “Recent Case Law Softens Award of Prompt Payment Penalties,” Associated General Contractors of California Legal Briefs (September, 2009).
- “Attorneys’ Fees - Your Contract Provides For Them But Will The Court Really Award Them To You If You Win Your Case?,” Associated General Contractors of California Legal Briefs (April, 2006).
- “Contractors License Statements on California Public Contract Bids,” Construction Counsel (June, 1990).
- J.D., George Washington University, National Law Center, 1985
- B.A., Economics, with honors and special distinction, George Washington University, 1982
- District of Columbia
- United States District Courts, California
I have spoken at various business association meetings on assorted construction and real estate topics, including foreclosure of mechanic’s liens and recovery of attorneys’ fees and costs.